Guinep is a fruit native to Jamaica. It’s also known as Spanish Lime, Pink Berry, Skinip, and quinepa. It has green skin and pale pinkish peach flesh. It grows in huge bunches on a Mamoncillo Tree. There are numerous benefits of the fruit and even the leaves can be boiled and taken as a tea as it helps with intestinal problems.
What are the health benefits of Guinep?
Although there isn’t much scientific research available on the topic herbalists still classify it as one of the greatest tropical fruits. That is because the nutritional composition of the fruit makes it a very healthy and helpful addition to your diet.
- Guinep has a high amount of amino acids in it so it can help you with your blood pressure. Tryptophan and lycine have been proven to help regulate blood pressure. Both of these are present in a good quantity in Guinep.
- Guinep is rich in Vitamin A which is instrumental in preventing stones from forming in your Urinary System. It also has an abundance of Vitamin C which when combined with Vitamin A that is also present in the fruit boosts the immune system.
- Guinep also has high amounts of Calcium so it helps in developing stronger bones and teeth.
- Tryptophan present in the fruit is instrumental in encouraging the production of serotonin. It is the hormone that lifts your mood and makes you feel happier and more active. So consuming it on a regular basis can also help with your mental health.
- Serotonin is very helpful in regulating your sleep patterns. So the fruit can also help you fall asleep if you’re struggling with insomnia.
- Guinep has L- Lysine and it is effective in controlling infection so Guinep has also been used to help patients with Herpes.
- You can roast the fruit and combine it with honey to treat digestive problems. That is because it has a lot of anti-oxidants.
- Good Home Remedies for Tooth Pain(Stop a Toothache Pain Relief)
- Healthy Evening Snacks for Weight Loss Indian(Lose Body Weight)
- Stop Hair Fall with Natural Home Remedies(Side Effect)
- Home Remedies to Reduce Migraine Pain Naturally | Symptoms
- How to get rid of Blackheads on Face Home Remedies
How to eat Guinep?
Eating the Guinep fruit is not much of a task. You start by removing the peel and sucking on the berry till you find the seed. You can also make a juice out of it by placing the pulp in a bowl of hot water and leaving it there for twenty minutes or until the water cools down. After it had cooled down add some honey and lime to it to make it taste even better.
Some people also like to eat Guinep with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can also roast it’s seeds and eat them with lemon and honey. The seeds have the same benefits as the fruit.
- Make sure to only consume ripe guineps as the raw fruits are toxic and can make your stomach upset. The seed of a raw Guinep fruit contains a chemical that changes itself to hydrogen cyanide when the body tries to digest it. So please check your fruit properly before buying.
- Be careful while handling the fruit because it can leave some pretty strong stains. Also, try to get rid of a stain as soon as possible.